Sunday 4 December 2016

Hello World!

I am creating this blog to indulge in some equity research on the Indian equity markets. I studied equity research from an IIM. I worked on it for some months with the Indian back office of a US based startup. I am hoping this will help me hone my discounted cash flow valuation skills to make me employable at a better pay than I have attracted to date. 

I wanna start off by summarizing my understanding of the equity research process. This will be done in detail in the next post. I basically wanna use by and large discounted cash flow valuation because I wanna focus only on the Nifty, and the Nifty only has long running well-established kind of companies' stocks so they are likely to have a stable operating model, with past trends proving to be predictors of the future, when suitably modified to incorporate changes reflected in publicly available information. I am being ambitious enough to focus on all the stocks in the Nifty despite these being from various sectors and me having to develop the DCF models from scratch since I wanna have a complete grasp of the assumptions and modeling. But being sector agnostic requires an understanding of the revenue models and risk sources of various industries, developing which will be fun for me. This will occupy the posts subsequent to the enunciation of my research methodology in the second post. Thenceforth I will write reports on industries, stocks or maybe even the economy as a whole, occasionally.  

So here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment